Jul 18, 2010

Pilatus - Part 1

There is an imposing mountain that looms over Lucerne called Mount Pilatus.  Legend has it that Pontius Pilate (yes, that guy) is buried under the mountain and that his ghost lives there, hence the name 'Pilatus'.  Another old wives' tale says that dragons live on the mountain, which is why it always looks like there is smoke at the top.


I (Eric) have been itching to take the lift up to the top of Pilatus.  But the day that we attempted, Pilatus looked like the picture you see above.  So, given the distinct possibility of being able to see naught at the top, we decided to take the lift up only part way and hike around.

*Quick side note before I show you the pictures*  On this particular day, I was wearing one of my University of Florida shirts
Well, we just happened to run across a tour group of high schoolers and their chaperons from...WILLISTON!  No, seriously, Williston, FL!  I found out when just about every member of the group gave me a 'Go Gators!'  I was never really sure why a bunch of high schoolers got to go to Switzerland, but that little bit o' fun was one of the highlights of the day, and maybe even the summer, so I just had to share:)

On with the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment